Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

To share additional feedback about your experience with Labs, please take this short survey

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to use multiple apps as different dev environments or clients for the same tool or service

Allow me to group and label related Twitter apps like product / staging / development, or clients for different platforms, like iOS / Android for a piece of software, service, or mobile app I’m building. This would enable me to better organize my integration. Ideally, I’d manage my API access at the group level rather than for each app, for ease and consistency.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide developers with an API testing console

As a new developer, I want a lightweight way to make an API call within the documentation with little setup involved. I need to see and evaluate quickly what a request and response looks like for a specific endpoint.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Consistency for "Likes" and "Favorites"

Language consistency would be helpful.

• API Representation uses "favorites", but the current Twitter interface uses "likes".

• In the documentation for "Account Activity API" notes "likes", while in "Search Tweets" notes as "favorites".

• Perhaps not all of us are aware that "favorites" is a precedent of "likes".

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recommend and endorse a good Twitter library

Twitter could include a list of approved Twitter libraries for different programming languages in the documentation. This would equip developers with robust resources and help them know which resources they can rely on to use the Twitter API.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  7 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide developers with an app usage tracking tool

Twitter could include a tool in the developer portal that enables developers to monitor and manage usage across the different APIs, and helps them avoid unexpected rate limiting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create hackathons to empower young people

Identify the needs for self-improvement that young people publish, segmenting them by themes, using sentiment analysis to quantify in percentage the positive perspective they have about it (the negative or neutral could also be deduced), thereby launching collaborative training programs with non-profit organizations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Card Validator: Display all meta-tags?

Description of issue: Could the Card Validator be updated to show all the meta-tags? As it is, it shows the count of metatags, and a somewhat interesting one, like this:

INFO: Page fetched successfully
    INFO: 23 metatags were found
    INFO: twitter:card = summary_large_image tag found
    INFO: Card loaded successfully

My request: It would be helpful to display all the tags, not just twitter:card.

Extra credit: Highlight the tags that Twitter will actually use in the card. This would be helpful when similar tags are present, e.g., twitter:text:title and twitter:title

URL affected (must be public): https://lochlymelodge.com

[Troubleshooting steps](https://twittercommunity.com/t/not-whitelisted-unable-to-render-or-no-image-what-to-do-next/62736)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Data Fixtures for Twitter API's

Building applications on top of API's are always harder to test. The API's evolve, causing unencountered responses and downtimes.
    App developers are usually late in identifying failure cases when things breakdown. It is why we write tests.

But with hundreds of API's collecting data for tests is duplication of efforts if someone already have done that.

To make life easier for all developers, how about a collaborative space where we can dump our data fixtures (Github?)

I would be glad to contribute as we have been working with Twitter API for the past eight years and have written thousands of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base