Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API response should contain descriptive error messages for actions that are forbidden

When I try to hide a Tweet in a thread that wasn’t started by the authenticating user, I get the response:

(
    [title] => Forbidden
    [type] => about:blank
    [status] => 403
    [detail] => Forbidden
    )

I understand that this action should actually be forbidden, but the error in the API response doesn't tell me why the action is forbidden (which is that the authenticating user is trying to hide a Tweet in a thread that wasn't started by the authenticating user)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase of Rate Limit

Hiding replies would be of massive value to our clients, but with the current rate limits, we wouldn't be able to meet their requirements.

Please can you provide forecasts as to when rate limits will be increased and what they will be increased to? Would this happen once the capability goes from Labs into live service?

Many thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide Replies and Block Users should be combined in a wiser way

Currently, there is an easy way troll farms already circumvent the "hide replies" feature:
    1) post a disinfo/harrassmt reply to a target account
    2) then immediately block (blacklist) the target account
    3) now the abusing reply is visible for everyone, but neither attacked account nor anyone else can do anything with it.

I don't have a solution that will surely fix this. I understand that this is actually feedback on how Hide Replies works for users, not how it should be available via API. Any better place to post feedback on user feature and to be sure it will be

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Daniele responded

Thank you for this feedback, and appreciate the level of detail. Your voice is heard here – We’re passing this to the team working on Hide replies for users so they can review.

4. Show when a Tweet is hidden in the Tweet payload

The Tweet payload should contain a field that indicates whether a Tweet has been hidden. This can help people maintain display consistency regardless of where they manage their Twitter accounts. Researchers can find the field useful to understand circumstances such as relevancy, confusion and abuse.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Retrieve a list of hidden replies to a given Tweet

Developers may need to retrieve a list of hidden replies for a specific Tweet. This can be useful to obtain a list of Tweets can can be unhidden, given appropriate user consent. Developers can also create aggregate reporting via this API (for example, count how many Tweets are hidden per conversation, or per time period).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to access historical replies for a depth of a year for subscribed users

As hiding criterias tend to change over time (eg global grey-list of unwanted commenters to hide), I wish my app would be able to retroactively access (and hide/unhide) historical replies to historical tweets of subscribed users with a depth of eg at least a year from now.

At least, to access the list of replies my app had previously hidden.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This is not currently on our roadmap, but keeping track of the replies that have been hidden by your app should be fairly straightforward to do on your end. It would be helpful if you could give us additional insight into why this feature is important for you and tell us more about your use case.

7. Allow to serve 10Ks-100Ks of users subscribed for a HideReplies app

Allow a free-plan developer to serve 10Ks-100Ks of users subscribed for a "hide replies" allowing to hide tweets nearly real-time as they happen (provided that an app is capable to deal with such a firehose).

This at least requires easy access to a stream of direct and indirect replies to the users subscribed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Programmatically unhide a Tweet

Provide a way to programmatically unhide a previously hidden Tweet, given appropriate user consent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base