Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Difference between the result of Twitter search screen and the return value of API

In some cases, the result of a search set to include a specific word in the advanced search of twitter is slightly larger than the return value of the API. However, some tweets only appear in the return value of the API.
    Why is this? Why aren't they unified?

This is the advanced search screen I am talking about.
    https://twitter.com/search-advanced?f=live

We want the same result as searching for AAA in the advanced search screen, so the API rules are:
    "(AAA OR bio_name: AAA) -is: retweet"
    Please let me know if anything is wrong.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wildcards in filtered stream

Wildcards would be very nice to have in filtered streams: Customers want them, and there is no way to emulate it on our side.

When a query term contains a * character, * would match any character in a tweet, one or more time. When a query term contains a ? character, ? would match any character, exactly one time.

For example, Tw*ter would match Twitter, Tweeter, Twiter, Tweetter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter tweets by users list

It could be great to be able to use the "list:username/list-name" search parameter into the filtered stream endpoint, to watch tweets from a list of users rather than chaining "from:usernameX" parameters until the 10*512 chars are used.

Especially since the new endpoint will replace the current one that currently allows to watch up to 5k users (the "from:xxx OR " method will only allow to watch 250 to 400 users depending on the average username length ; that's more than 10x less than before).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filtered Stream monthly limits

I read in this announcement https://twittercommunity.com/t/new-filtered-stream-endpoints-available-in-labs-and-the-future-of-statuses-filter/129888 that the new Filtered Stream endpoint, available in Labs, will be subject to monthly limits on the amount of tweets retrieved.
    Do you think that this kind of limitation will also be present in the version released in the future?

I didn't find this kind of limitation on the old endpoint "statuses/filter".
    In this answer on stackoverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34962677/twitter-streaming-api-limits
    , the idea of a limit on the endpoint "status/filter" based on the amount of tweets delivered within a certain percentage threshold compared to the totality of tweets generated on twitter was mentioned.
    I find that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Longer queries in filtered stream

Queries can only contain a limited number of terms and characters. It would be very useful to increase this llimit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filters other than the rules I created

The following is written on this page.
    "The stream leverages some of our content filtering technology where we exclude high-confidence noisy content."
    https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/labs/filtered-stream/faq

This is a different filter than the one I created.
    To make sure that my filters work properly, I need to turn off content filtering technology.
    I want to create an option that does not use content filtering technology.
    It is up to each user to get the data to determine which tweets are noisy.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Geo enrichment

Gnip PowerTrack has a "Profile Geo" enrichment [0].

Adding this to the filtered streams API would make migrations easier.

[0] https://support.gnip.com/enrichments/profile_geo.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Proximity operator

From the operator reference [0], the filtered streams appear to lack the proximity operator, that existed in Gnip PowerTrack.

Having this in the filtered stream API would make it easier to migrate from Gnip.

Additionally, in PowerTrack the maximum proximity value is 6. Increasing this limit would make the operator extra useful.

[0] https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/labs/filtered-stream/operators

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base