Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

To share additional feedback about your experience with Labs, please take this short survey

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. World Hot Trends

I suggest you to add hot trends.. Which has highest tweets in the world beside country trends it just suggestion named World hot trend... I feel it will get more contacts between people over world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Endpoint to get retweet with comment aka 'Quote tweet'

Create endpoint for get "quote tweets" by other to Tweets authored by the user. Like endpoint statuses/retweetsofme.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow access to DM group conversations via Twitter API

Currently we can access 1on1 DM via Twitter API but not group conversations. If we forcibly set the group's conversation_id, Twitter API returns forbidden. Allow this.
    ref
    https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/direct-messages/sending-and-receiving/api-reference/new-event

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitter should provide more granular app permissions

Twitter currently offers three levels of app permissions: (1) read only; (2) read and write; (3) read, write and access Direct Messages. These options are not granular enough for some developers, and developers would like more options to choose from.

For example, an app’s “write” permission could be segmented into more granular options: (1) write access to a user’s profile; (2) write access to a user’s network (follow/unfollow, mute, block, list modification); (3) write access to a user’s timeline, including the permission to Tweet, Retweet, or like a post.

Another example includes Sign In With Twitter: there could be an…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  10 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split personal pictures and memes in media

Can be interesting to split in two the type of medias in user profiles.
    1/ Personal pictures of the user (where he is tagged)
    2/ All the rest (gif, memes, etc.)
    Currently it's a little bit messy when you want to check the medias of a user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Poll with images

It's a pity to not be able to create a poll providing images on the same tweet. Why not adding it, like you did for retweet few years ago ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Control scope of tweets individually

The evolution of this week was really interesting, but I would go further and like Facebook, let the user decides WHO can see a tweet (everybody, only my followers, our only the mentioned users).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Build a conversation updates API

I would like to recommend building a conversations API that enables developers to track updates to full conversation threads. This API would retrieve the entire conversation that a Tweet is in, and return all Tweets and replies within a given thread. This API would enable developers to go from a Tweet of interest to all replies in the thread, without having to recursively search for Tweets with the correct "inreplytostatusid".

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  5 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integration of twitter login flow for mobile apps and websites

A lab for building a simple login flow using the REST API and HTTP headers would do us a world of good. Detailed steps with how to build structured messages (I am aware that this is documented in fair detail but a lab form would additionally help us test our individual solutions as well) along with reference implementation and standard value outputs against which bespoke solutions can be tested. Along with the above a list of reference implementations for various languages such as Javascript, Java, Python would help as well. I am still stuck at Twitter login and am struggling…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Close

Close

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GET users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Close

Close

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Difference between the result of Twitter search screen and the return value of API

In some cases, the result of a search set to include a specific word in the advanced search of twitter is slightly larger than the return value of the API. However, some tweets only appear in the return value of the API.
    Why is this? Why aren't they unified?

This is the advanced search screen I am talking about.
    https://twitter.com/search-advanced?f=live

We want the same result as searching for AAA in the advanced search screen, so the API rules are:
    "(AAA OR bio_name: AAA) -is: retweet"
    Please let me know if anything is wrong.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Authentication Automation

I am not sure if this should be located here. But developers like myself use end to end automation tests for ensuring the quality of our libraries.

At the moment there is no way of properly handling authentication flow tests.

Could you provide a title trusted user or any solution that enable us to not be limited by the classic security restrictions applied to apps in order to enabl us to have end to end tests around authentication.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Missing entitiy operator is:reply

If I want to filter for original tweets only I can use -is:retweet and -is:quote, but then I still receive tweets which are discussion replies. I can filter them out manually as a work around by checking for inreplytouserid values in the streams data fields, but having a is:reply entitiy operator would be very useful and save traffic and processing power on both sides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide Partial Tweet for Spoiler Discussion

Add a feature to allow for the creation of spoiler filled discussions without the concern of the spoilers being seen by others while they are scrolling through their timeline.

Ideally this would allow for a visible topic to be posted (Movie Title), followed by some text along the lines of "spoiler" that would act as a trigger to display the hidden portion of the tweet (Movie Spoiler).

Potentially replies to the parent tweet would inherit the title and spoiler tag as well to keep replies, retweets, or likes from showing up on a timeline with the spoiler content visible.

An…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Feature Request Web Intent DM on Apps

Hi! I hope this is the right place to ask a bit feature request for the apps.

I build a chat bot and sending CTAs to give example to user how to write some comands on DM (for example: /subscribe #asia, /unsubscribe #asia)

by using Twitter Web Intent of DM
    (e.g: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=123456789&text=/subscribe%20#asia).

It works great, but I have some inconvenience because on Android App, when user click on the Button, the app open new Android Fragment of DM activities to the same bot.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the endpoint rate limited at user level instead of app level

We have built a social media management app that allows our customers to also view insights for their social accounts and posts.

Every midnight we refresh insights for all posts published via our app in the past 7 days.

For Twitter, we're only recording the number of favorites and retweets (returned by the /tweets endpoint), but we would like to gather more metrics, such as impressions, # of replies and video views.

The current rate limit is 15 requests / 15 minutes and 50 Tweets / request.

This basically means we can gather metrics for only 15 customers at a…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Tweet Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sentiment analysis

As a developer working on a social analytics platform having a field in each Tweet that signals the calculated sentiment for Tweets would be very beneficial.

I currently have a Bayesian Classifier that performs this task but maintaining my training data to adapt to newer Tweets is a big overhead.

We can use Azure Cognitive Services APIs but there would be considerable costs processing data at scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base