Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filtered Stream monthly limits

I read in this announcement https://twittercommunity.com/t/new-filtered-stream-endpoints-available-in-labs-and-the-future-of-statuses-filter/129888 that the new Filtered Stream endpoint, available in Labs, will be subject to monthly limits on the amount of tweets retrieved.
    Do you think that this kind of limitation will also be present in the version released in the future?

I didn't find this kind of limitation on the old endpoint "statuses/filter".
    In this answer on stackoverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34962677/twitter-streaming-api-limits
    , the idea of a limit on the endpoint "status/filter" based on the amount of tweets delivered within a certain percentage threshold compared to the totality of tweets generated on twitter was mentioned.
    I find that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Build an API to manage polls and poll results

Having access to an API for Twitter native polls would enable developers to create and schedule polls, as well as get back engagement data such as impressions, responses, Retweets of the poll, and their resulting responses, reach, and total engagement.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitter and users improvements

Adding a trial or a demo developer account would be a great and fantastic idea because it well help the users to try something new and make them very interesting and in the other hand it well help twitter seeing their actions and knowing if they are able to be responsible of the developer account or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GET statuses/likers/ids endpoint

Why don't we have the same kind of statuses/retweeters/ids endpoint but for likes, in order to get all the user ids who liked a particular tweet ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: incorrect like_count stats in the sample stream

I got this json data out of https://api.twitter.com/labs/1/tweets/stream/sample?format=detailed

This tweet https://twitter.com/theA1wife/status/1236899957858164736 has ~20K likes right now, though the stats in the json show 0 like_count.

I apologize if this isn't where bugs go, but I didn't find anywhere else to post this.

```

{

"data": {
    "id": "1236899957858164736",
    "created_at": "2020-03-09T06:21:45.000Z",
    &quot;text&quot;: &quot;RT @JLo: Wait for it! @AROD <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://t.co/MNAxO0z2BA">https://t.co/MNAxO0z2BA</a> <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://t.co/PZIlDlTvyt&quot;">https://t.co/PZIlDlTvyt&quot;</a>,
    &quot;author_id&quot;: &quot;960338257190862849&quot;,
    &quot;referenced_tweets&quot;: [
    {
    &quot;type&quot;: &quot;retweeted&quot;,
    &quot;id&quot;: &quot;1236865771692670976&quot;
    }
    ],
    &quot;attachments&quot;: {
    &quot;media_keys&quot;: [
    &quot;7_1236865730156494848&quot;
    ]
    },
    &quot;entities&quot;: {
    &quot;urls&quot;: [
    {
    &quot;start&quot;: 28,
    &quot;end&quot;: 51,
    &quot;url&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://t.co/MNAxO0z2BA&quot;">https://t.co/MNAxO0z2BA&quot;</a>,
    &quot;expanded_url&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Sampled stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Longer queries in filtered stream

Queries can only contain a limited number of terms and characters. It would be very useful to increase this llimit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Date of last activity in Get labs/2/users expansions

It's useful to have the date of last activity of a user. Before we could deduce it from the most recent tweet but now it's gone in v2 and it become really tricky to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  GET users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a field to signal when media is being withheld by country

Add a field to know when media is being withheld by country

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  GET Tweets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. First Tweet containing a hashtag

Surface is the first tweet in the hashtag, to know the founder of the hashtag, it is his right; and also there are those who use the hashtag for no purpose intended for topic of the hashtag (no objection to it), but you are tired to reach the news for which the hashtag was founded due to the large number of tweets outside the same topic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "name" and "screen_name" to the response data of Recent search API

In the published standard search API, these parameters are in a single tweet object.

・User object

Screen_name and name are important elements in User Object.
    Now we have to expand. This is very inconvenient.

Please add "name" and "screen_name" to the response data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change Filter Rules API, Lengths and Limits

Currently 1 rule is limited to 512 characters, and there are 10 rules.

The rules API would make more sense if there was a limit on operators and a number of them, rather than the character length of rules. For example: when using multiple follow:user or follow:id it can get unpredictable due to the varied length of screen_names and user IDs created before 64bit snowflake user ids.

To make the rules API more useful, there should instead be a limit on the number of specified operators, not rules or rule character lengths.

This way, i should be able to specify…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the “order” of the image

Retrieve tweets using Labs’ Recent search API.
    I referenced the images in the order included in mediakeys, but obviously not in the order displayed on twitter’s web.
    But, the order of the images is not included in media
    keys.

How do I know the order of images if tweet has multiple images attached?

For example, if a manga with a single story is posted with four images, like this:
    (TwitterWebURL)/shiromanta1020/status/917652272804380672
    This doesn’t make sense unless you read it in order.

In order to reproduce this “order”, it is necessary to add the “order” of the image as a response…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Authentication Automation

I am not sure if this should be located here. But developers like myself use end to end automation tests for ensuring the quality of our libraries.

At the moment there is no way of properly handling authentication flow tests.

Could you provide a title trusted user or any solution that enable us to not be limited by the classic security restrictions applied to apps in order to enabl us to have end to end tests around authentication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Increase of Rate Limit

Hiding replies would be of massive value to our clients, but with the current rate limits, we wouldn't be able to meet their requirements.

Please can you provide forecasts as to when rate limits will be increased and what they will be increased to? Would this happen once the capability goes from Labs into live service?

Many thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display to the user the day of the month the Tweet counter resets.

I recently hit my monthly cap on the number of Tweets I consumed. I understand that this counter will reset on the day of the month I first enrolled for Labs. I can not find that date anywhere in the Labs UI. Please show me that date!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide Replies and Block Users should be combined in a wiser way

Currently, there is an easy way troll farms already circumvent the "hide replies" feature:
    1) post a disinfo/harrassmt reply to a target account
    2) then immediately block (blacklist) the target account
    3) now the abusing reply is visible for everyone, but neither attacked account nor anyone else can do anything with it.

I don't have a solution that will surely fix this. I understand that this is actually feedback on how Hide Replies works for users, not how it should be available via API. Any better place to post feedback on user feature and to be sure it will be

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Daniele responded

Thank you for this feedback, and appreciate the level of detail. Your voice is heard here – We’re passing this to the team working on Hide replies for users so they can review.

17. Show when a Tweet is hidden in the Tweet payload

The Tweet payload should contain a field that indicates whether a Tweet has been hidden. This can help people maintain display consistency regardless of where they manage their Twitter accounts. Researchers can find the field useful to understand circumstances such as relevancy, confusion and abuse.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retrieve a list of hidden replies to a given Tweet

Developers may need to retrieve a list of hidden replies for a specific Tweet. This can be useful to obtain a list of Tweets can can be unhidden, given appropriate user consent. Developers can also create aggregate reporting via this API (for example, count how many Tweets are hidden per conversation, or per time period).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include "url_clicks" in Tweet Metrics endpoint

We use the Engagement APIs extensively in our product. We currently have to use a combination of the /totals endpoint with the /28hour and /historical endpoints to get "urlclicks." Right now, the new Metrics labs endpoint provides all the great metrics that our customers want in a single endpoint except for "urlclicks."

Without "urlclicks" it would be difficult to transition off of any of the Engagement APIs to a new Tweet Metrics endpoint. If this new endpoint had "urlclicks" we could replace all of our Engagement API usage pretty quickly and have better, more accurate data…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Tweet Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Accept or deny follower requests (when tweets are protected)

It will be really useful to be able to accept/deny follower requests with Twitter API when tweets are protected.
    This feature exists but currently this is not public.

When I try to call this endpoint :

POST https://api.twitter.com/1.1/friendships/accept.json?user_id=<follower id>

I've received : {"errors":[{"code":37,"message":"Not authorized to use this endpoint."}]} - HTTP Code : 403

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  3 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base