Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

To share additional feedback about your experience with Labs, please take this short survey

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. World Hot Trends

I suggest you to add hot trends.. Which has highest tweets in the world beside country trends it just suggestion named World hot trend... I feel it will get more contacts between people over world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Endpoint or method to return account(s) current standing (eg. suspended, deactivated, deleted etc)

This would be desirable for research into both active & historical fake & disinfo accounts. Academics might also like it

Description

An endpoint or method that returns whether accounts has been renamed, suspended, deactivated or deleted, for both a single account and a list of accounts.

We should be able to pass in either screenname or id or idstr, or lists thereof.

Return an appropriately detailed JSON object.

We can currently only establish if an account is suspended by attempting a GET user/show & then parsing the error response codes.

Rationale

It used to be possible to do…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GET users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an Ask a Question feature, with allowed anonimity

Already used through third-parties, an Asking feature would allow a new channel for interaction between users, with possible permission control such as ""follows/mutual followers only".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Specific accounts cleared from search history

So, when the recent search option appears the clear button is in the top right corner with the accounts aligning beneath. Being able to click which account you want to clear from your recent search history would be significant for those networking, attempting to save time from repetitive search, and users in general of course.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search bar for your individual timeline

Implementing a search bar solely for your timeline will save users from wasting time trying to remember tweets when they refresh the app. Instead of having to scroll down, search for the tweet with words that are constantly used in the atmosphere, and for those that may have forgotten to bookmark it immediately upon sight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Metric that indicates how many users have saved your tweet as a bookmark

I think this metric is a unique way to gauge long-term engagement among users. Retweets can be likened to quick, instinctive reactions to content, but I think there is value in also providing users with measures that indicate more deliberative reactions (a good way to delineate these user behaviours can be best explained through 'System 1' vs 'System 2' thinking).

For instance, suppose a professor tweets about a recently published academic paper. Whilst retweets provide insight into timely reactions, the academic might want to also keep track of other users who might potentially revisit/avail of their published content in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tweet Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Split personal pictures and memes in media

Can be interesting to split in two the type of medias in user profiles.
    1/ Personal pictures of the user (where he is tagged)
    2/ All the rest (gif, memes, etc.)
    Currently it's a little bit messy when you want to check the medias of a user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Poll with images

It's a pity to not be able to create a poll providing images on the same tweet. Why not adding it, like you did for retweet few years ago ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Button to see poll result

Really often, people on Twitter define a choice on their poll just to let people not concerned see the result. Why not providing a simple button to let anybody see the result without having to choose an answer ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Control scope of tweets individually

The evolution of this week was really interesting, but I would go further and like Facebook, let the user decides WHO can see a tweet (everybody, only my followers, our only the mentioned users).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use cases for the ability to limit who can reply to a Tweet in the API

The API should support limiting who can reply to a Tweet when Tweeting using POST statuses/update. This could be useful for publishing tools that can be used to schedule and publish Tweets across different accounts (e.g. a brand account in multiple languages).

What are other use cases where you would want to limit who can reply to a Tweet through the API?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tweet Reply Settings Experiment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integration of twitter login flow for mobile apps and websites

A lab for building a simple login flow using the REST API and HTTP headers would do us a world of good. Detailed steps with how to build structured messages (I am aware that this is documented in fair detail but a lab form would additionally help us test our individual solutions as well) along with reference implementation and standard value outputs against which bespoke solutions can be tested. Along with the above a list of reference implementations for various languages such as Javascript, Java, Python would help as well. I am still stuck at Twitter login and am struggling…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'd like the ability to get followers for a user but in a sorted manner.

Right now you can definitely get all the followers of a user, but I want to be able to sort those results by particular properties. So for example, I may want to sort my followers by the number of followers they have, in order to see my most "important" followers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the limit on user_timeline for the authenticated user own timeline

The user_timeline endpoint currently has a hard limit of only fetching the most recent 3,200 tweets. I understand this limit if the authenticated user is requesting for timeline tweets from another user. But what if the limit could be changed when the authenticated user is fetching tweets from his own timeline, e.g. the most recent 10,000 tweets or all? Other platforms such as Instagram allow you to fetch all of your media from your profile.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  GET Tweets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Follow, block, and mute Introduction

As we build the next generation of the Twitter API, we’re looking at how to rebuild the “follower graph” endpoints. Whether or not you’ve used the follow, search, and get users, or the mute, block and report users endpoints, we want to hear what you think. This is an effort to continue building in the open: sharing our roadmap and keeping you updated on our vision. As we have done in Twitter Developer Labs, this plan is not final, and with your feedback, will evolve over time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow, block, and mute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  GET users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bookmark feature to improve organization

Ability to categorize bookmarks and have a search bar included in that feature as well. This will permit users to access their favorite saved posts quicker and more efficiently. Organization is rooted in the most common reasons of dislike while utilizing social media applications, so with this tool you would be killing two birds with one stone. Simply by gaining attention from current and new users as well to compete with other applications while getting rid of this nuisance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missing entitiy operator is:reply

If I want to filter for original tweets only I can use -is:retweet and -is:quote, but then I still receive tweets which are discussion replies. I can filter them out manually as a work around by checking for inreplytouserid values in the streams data fields, but having a is:reply entitiy operator would be very useful and save traffic and processing power on both sides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. API endpoint for reporting counterfeit digital goods

Please add an API endpoint for reporting accounts that are selling counterfeit digital goods. Hundreds of accounts are selling Netflix accounts, Spotify, and more. Just search "Netflix Premium Account" and see what I'm referring to. Why is this permitted? Can you please offer more through the API so we can help stop this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filtered Stream

Extra Rules and Tweet allowance for Filtered Stream.

We have an integration with the Filtered Stream API and on-boarding some private beta customers.

I expect we'll exhaust the number of Rules and volume of Tweets with a handful of customers soon.

Idea: - option(s) to opt into extra Rules/volume of Tweets.

PAYG model would work or having a Premium Filtered Stream API offering please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base