Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

To share additional feedback about your experience with Labs, please take this short survey

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API response should contain descriptive error messages for actions that are forbidden

When I try to hide a Tweet in a thread that wasn’t started by the authenticating user, I get the response:

(
    [title] => Forbidden
    [type] => about:blank
    [status] => 403
    [detail] => Forbidden
    )

I understand that this action should actually be forbidden, but the error in the API response doesn't tell me why the action is forbidden (which is that the authenticating user is trying to hide a Tweet in a thread that wasn't started by the authenticating user)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Programmatically unhide a Tweet

Provide a way to programmatically unhide a previously hidden Tweet, given appropriate user consent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retrieve a list of hidden replies to a given Tweet

Developers may need to retrieve a list of hidden replies for a specific Tweet. This can be useful to obtain a list of Tweets can can be unhidden, given appropriate user consent. Developers can also create aggregate reporting via this API (for example, count how many Tweets are hidden per conversation, or per time period).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base