Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

To share additional feedback about your experience with Labs, please take this short survey

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Programmatically unhide a Tweet

Provide a way to programmatically unhide a previously hidden Tweet, given appropriate user consent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trending spots

Add more trending stations/places, like for north Indians its only Delhi.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow API access to tweet analytics CSVs

Specifically, some kind of way to download the csvs produced by exporting https://analytics.twitter.com/user/[INSERT DATA]/tweets given OAuth read (or even read/write) scope would be really useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Card Validator: Display all meta-tags?

Description of issue: Could the Card Validator be updated to show all the meta-tags? As it is, it shows the count of metatags, and a somewhat interesting one, like this:

INFO:  Page fetched successfully
    INFO:  23 metatags were found
    INFO:  twitter:card = summary_large_image tag found
    INFO:  Card loaded successfully

My request: It would be helpful to display all the tags, not just twitter:card.

Extra credit: Highlight the tags that Twitter will actually use in the card. This would be helpful when similar tags are present, e.g., twitter:text:title and twitter:title

URL affected (must be public): https://lochlymelodge.com

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitter follow/unfollow Limits

Hi, I'd love for twitter to readjust the current Follow/unfollow Limits currently set for each app.. we understand these limits are being set to eliminate spam activities on twitter but there should be an exclusion to this rule. for example there could be restrictions as to who can be followed or unfollowed (spammed) by the app/service and this should be limited to only those that use the same service/app reason being that the users already know what they're getting into. the funny thing is - users already know how to do these these without even using a 3rd party service.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show app developer profile on app authorization screen

The app authorization screen that shows up whenever a user is authorizing / logging in using twitter with a twitter app for the first time should also display the app owner twitter account. Like a "Made by: @TwitterAPI ..." box

As a user, I find it reassuring to see that an app developer has an active presence on Twitter, and as a developer, i'd like to be open about the app purpose and ownership.

eg: https://developer.twitter.com/content/dam/developer-twitter/images/Screen_Shot_2015-03-20-authorize-card.png this screen should contain something like the profile popup displaying Name, screen_name, description, whether the account follows me and "Followed by ... and ...…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. historize likes

Currently a like given by a user is not related to a date in the API.
    Having this info can be useful to analyze the "likes activity" of a user on the past X days for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hide replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get archive data through API

Why couldn't we get our own data archive through API calls ?
    Instead of having to download the whole archive (which is really heavy), it can be interesting to have several endpoints where we could request all the data between two dates for the authenticated user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GET Tweets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Moments Feature on Twitter

I loved the Moments feature on Twitter, it allowed me to organize my past tweets in a functional manner. There is nothing that really replaces it!!! Generally speaking, Twitter needs to offer users more options in terms of organizing their content. I vote to bring Moments back:)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharing GIF from Code on iOS

If I am not mistaken, GIF sharing on iOS is not working from the Gallery either. But my original request was for GIF sharing from code.

I found this great plugin for Unity to share images. The author also was having problems with sharing GIF on some apps. In my opinion it should be supported by the apps, as it is impossible to write a comprehensive adaptation for every app around. As the author was having issues with GIFs not showing he fixed it by converting to a UIImage -> this loses the animation of a GIF.

https://github.com/yasirkula/UnityNativeShare/blob/master/Plugins/NativeShare/iOS/NativeShare.mm

line 20-23…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Block refinement

Block refinement. At the moment valid, informed discussion on the platform is hampered by the ability of users to block people who disagree with their views. Users should absolutely be able to block other users who are abusive/bullying etc, but not if they are sincerely communicating a difference of opinion, especially if that opinion is backed up with data/information. Twitter's main goal is to "serve the public conversation" and it is failing to this. Twitter at the moment makes it too easy for extremists and conspiracy-theorists to exist in an echo-chamber, only hearing what they want to hear. For a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follow, block, and mute  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search bar for your individual timeline

Implementing a search bar solely for your timeline will save users from wasting time trying to remember tweets when they refresh the app. Instead of having to scroll down, search for the tweet with words that are constantly used in the atmosphere, and for those that may have forgotten to bookmark it immediately upon sight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Split personal pictures and memes in media

Can be interesting to split in two the type of medias in user profiles.
    1/ Personal pictures of the user (where he is tagged)
    2/ All the rest (gif, memes, etc.)
    Currently it's a little bit messy when you want to check the medias of a user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poll with images

It's a pity to not be able to create a poll providing images on the same tweet. Why not adding it, like you did for retweet few years ago ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Control scope of tweets individually

The evolution of this week was really interesting, but I would go further and like Facebook, let the user decides WHO can see a tweet (everybody, only my followers, our only the mentioned users).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change the limit on user_timeline for the authenticated user own timeline

The user_timeline endpoint currently has a hard limit of only fetching the most recent 3,200 tweets. I understand this limit if the authenticated user is requesting for timeline tweets from another user. But what if the limit could be changed when the authenticated user is fetching tweets from his own timeline, e.g. the most recent 10,000 tweets or all? Other platforms such as Instagram allow you to fetch all of your media from your profile.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  GET Tweets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filtered Stream

Extra Rules and Tweet allowance for Filtered Stream.

We have an integration with the Filtered Stream API and on-boarding some private beta customers.

I expect we'll exhaust the number of Rules and volume of Tweets with a handful of customers soon.

Idea: - option(s) to opt into extra Rules/volume of Tweets.

PAYG model would work or having a Premium Filtered Stream API offering please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Aurelia Specker responded

Thanks for the feedback! The packaging available with Filtered Stream will change to respond to the needs of developers once we graduate out of Labs.

19. Change Filter Rules API, Lengths and Limits

Currently 1 rule is limited to 512 characters, and there are 10 rules.

The rules API would make more sense if there was a limit on operators and a number of them, rather than the character length of rules. For example: when using multiple follow:user or follow:id it can get unpredictable due to the varied length of screen_names and user IDs created before 64bit snowflake user ids.

To make the rules API more useful, there should instead be a limit on the number of specified operators, not rules or rule character lengths.

This way, i should be able to specify…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    closed  ·  Aurelia Specker responded

Thanks for the feedback! We are aware of this ask, but we will not be making any changes to this in the near-future. As such, I am going to close this suggestion. However, please continue to vote for this idea if it resonates with you.

20. Longer queries in filtered stream

Queries can only contain a limited number of terms and characters. It would be very useful to increase this llimit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filtered stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Aurelia Specker responded

Thanks for the feedback! We will be increasing rule length once we graduate out of the Developer Labs programme.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base