Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Twitter should provide more granular app permissions

Twitter currently offers three levels of app permissions: (1) read only; (2) read and write; (3) read, write and access Direct Messages. These options are not granular enough for some developers, and developers would like more options to choose from.

For example, an app’s “write” permission could be segmented into more granular options: (1) write access to a user’s profile; (2) write access to a user’s network (follow/unfollow, mute, block, list modification); (3) write access to a user’s timeline, including the permission to Tweet, Retweet, or like a post.

Another example includes Sign In With Twitter: there could be an…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  9 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display to the user the day of the month the Tweet counter resets.

I recently hit my monthly cap on the number of Tweets I consumed. I understand that this counter will reset on the day of the month I first enrolled for Labs. I can not find that date anywhere in the Labs UI. Please show me that date!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add premium endpoints for the following/followers endpoints

At www.contexto.io and www.graphext.com we provide our customers the possibility of mapping and expanding Twitter communities leveraging the social graph. This allows us to get really contextual, relevant and different insights that most social media analytics tools offer (they mostly count keywords that matches a boolean query).

We currently use the free API following/followers endpoints for this right now but with the new policy starting this month we cannot make more than 100K requests/day which prevent us from scaling our product. We would be very happy to pay for a premium endpoint like this!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an SLA

Describe the level commitment (and dedication) to APIs.

What are the thresholds for usage & overall sunsetting of service?

What criteria will be used to make significant changes?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base