Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

To share additional feedback about your experience with Labs, please take this short survey

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sentiment analysis

As a developer working on a social analytics platform having a field in each Tweet that signals the calculated sentiment for Tweets would be very beneficial.

I currently have a Bayesian Classifier that performs this task but maintaining my training data to adapt to newer Tweets is a big overhead.

We can use Azure Cognitive Services APIs but there would be considerable costs processing data at scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "name" and "screen_name" to the response data of Recent search API

In the published standard search API, these parameters are in a single tweet object.

・User object

Screen_name and name are important elements in User Object.
    Now we have to expand. This is very inconvenient.

Please add "name" and "screen_name" to the response data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for "sample" operator

Support for the sample: operator. Many use cases would benefit from random samples. For example, sample:10 would return 10% across each hour...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the “order” of the image

Retrieve tweets using Labs’ Recent search API.
    I referenced the images in the order included in mediakeys, but obviously not in the order displayed on twitter’s web.
    But, the order of the images is not included in media
    keys.

How do I know the order of images if tweet has multiple images attached?

For example, if a manga with a single story is posted with four images, like this:
    (TwitterWebURL)/shiromanta1020/status/917652272804380672
    This doesn’t make sense unless you read it in order.

In order to reproduce this “order”, it is necessary to add the “order” of the image as a response…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Recent search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base