Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter Developer Labs

We want to hear your ideas for Twitter Developer Labs! How would you improve the current available endpoints in Labs, and what other things would you like us to consider building?

1. See what other ideas have been submitted and vote for ideas you like.
2. If you have an idea that isn't already listed, create a new post.
3. Include only one idea per post.

To start, we have added in a few ideas that have been suggested by developers in the past. Please vote or comment on those, if they reflect your own vision.

Thank you for participating!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GET /labs/1/users compact format feedback

I like the concept of having compact format in labs/1/users (to reduce the payload), but I don't find it to be very useful in the current format.
    Practically you would want to display a list of users with descriptions and stats, there might be cases when you don't show the description, or don't show stats, but I can't think of a scenario in which you would not show either (i.e. photos and names only)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

acknowledged  ·  3 comments  ·  GET users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitter follow/unfollow Limits

Hi, I'd love for twitter to readjust the current Follow/unfollow Limits currently set for each app.. we understand these limits are being set to eliminate spam activities on twitter but there should be an exclusion to this rule. for example there could be restrictions as to who can be followed or unfollowed (spammed) by the app/service and this should be limited to only those that use the same service/app reason being that the users already know what they're getting into. the funny thing is - users already know how to do these these without even using a 3rd party service.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Data Fixtures for Twitter API's

Building applications on top of API's are always harder to test. The API's evolve, causing unencountered responses and downtimes.
    App developers are usually late in identifying failure cases when things breakdown. It is why we write tests.

But with hundreds of API's collecting data for tests is duplication of efforts if someone already have done that.

To make life easier for all developers, how about a collaborative space where we can dump our data fixtures (Github?)

I would be glad to contribute as we have been working with Twitter API for the past eight years and have written thousands of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation and resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. labs/1/users errors collection

The new error collection is awesome! I am glad that we can now understand why fewer items are returned than requested.
    However, the errors are not always useful, in some cases you get
    title:"Forbidden"
    type:"about:blank"
    detail:"Forbidden"

1. It is not clear which element caused this error since the error index is not correlated with the input id index, ideally there should be a reference to which id caused this error, and the order of the results returned seems random.

2. It is not clear what's the reason for this error, in cases when we are returning a list, it's probably not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  GET users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show app developer profile on app authorization screen

The app authorization screen that shows up whenever a user is authorizing / logging in using twitter with a twitter app for the first time should also display the app owner twitter account. Like a "Made by: @TwitterAPI ..." box

As a user, I find it reassuring to see that an app developer has an active presence on Twitter, and as a developer, i'd like to be open about the app purpose and ownership.

eg: https://developer.twitter.com/content/dam/developer-twitter/images/ScreenShot2015-03-20-authorize-card.png this screen should contain something like the profile popup displaying Name, screen_name, description, whether the account follows me and "Followed by ...…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tweet translation should be available through the API

Build a new request operator that can be included in an API request, and returns a translation of the Tweet text in the Tweet payload. Supported languages should be the same languages that are supported by the "lang:" request operator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an SLA

Describe the level commitment (and dedication) to APIs.

What are the thresholds for usage & overall sunsetting of service?

What criteria will be used to make significant changes?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  General features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base