Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter API

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Un-retweet (or un-like) tweets that are more than a few years old always fail

Un-retweeting and un-liking tweets that are more than a few years old will always fail. This is a sad situation for users who want to delete their past actions from Twitter. Could you please fix this behavior? For technical details, see https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-a-function-to-fetch-a-list-of-likes-mutes-and-blocks-is-completely-removed-in-api-v2/154375/12

Japanese version:
    数年以上前のツイートに対する「RTの取り消し」と「いいねの取り消し」は必ず失敗します。ツイッターから過去の行動を削除したいユーザーはこのことに困っています。この振る舞いを修正してもらえませんか? 技術的な詳細はこちらをご覧ください。https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-a-function-to-fetch-a-list-of-likes-mutes-and-blocks-is-completely-removed-in-api-v2/154375/12

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the archive data to be downloaded from mobile devices

Users with mobile devices sometimes fail to download the archive data.

There are various reasons for this, such as not being able to press the download button after failing download the file once, or not being able to download a large file due to narrow bandwidth.

Please fix the problem so that the archive data can be downloaded properly even in these situations.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically include legally forced disclaimers

In some countries (like Russia), some individuals or mass-media can be declared "foreign agents". when it happens, they have to post with each tweet a disclaimer that takes up practically all allowed characters. Please, add a feature for the "foreign agents" or anyone to automatically attach a picture (that can be set up in profile) to all tweets, replies and retweets to help them to cope with legislative restrictions.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow users to search keywords in the DM direct message channels

Users are unable to search any words in the DM other than an exact name. This is a significant friction problem.

If we could search keywords for followers that want us to "notify" or of our Twitter Spaces directly, we could search them.

If we could search keywords we drop in the DM ourselves, we can quickly reconnect with specific connections.

It's a problem that if we don't spell someone's name exactly, we can't find their DM messages. This is especially a problem in an international community where we don't know how to spell names or remember them perfectly when…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to take control of their own data

Please ease the restrictions on getting their own friends/followers data.

Twitter's API restrictions are getting stricter every year, and starting with Twitter API v2, I understand the data that users will be able to retrieve via the API will decrease by 80%.
    Previously, with a single API call, users could retrieve 5,000 friends (or followers), but in the future, users will only be able to retrieve 1,000 friends (or followers). https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/users/follows/migrate

I understand that this decision has been made from the perspective of sustainability of the service, but please reconsider restricting users from controlling their own data.

As one solution,…

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Extra options for Twitter space hosts.

It would be great if Twitter spaces enables hosts to have an extra options such as to throw confetti, balloons, a fire emoji and a love emoji. This is to entertain and engage with the listeners and speakers.Especially during special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or space weddings.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Batch/Bulk V2 API request for get follower/ids, follower/lists

Batch/Bulk V2 API request for get follower/ids, follower/lists

Use case: Follower social graph- To get insights on followers (topic of interests, user profile location), need to make multiple API calls to the follower end points and its hard with rate limits. Can we have a bulk API request?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Follows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Access to user's email address

Currently there isn't a way to retrieve the user's email address via the /2/users/:id API. This was possible in v1 using elevated permissions and the verify_credentials endpoint. Could you add this feature please? I'm building an authentication API for developers and would like to allow collection of email addresses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. media.fields should return url for gifs or videos

Currently url is returned on images only.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tweet Lookup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tweets not returning when user is tagged in Image

We have observed that we get the tagged information of the users if they are tagged in the text portion of the tweet. However when a user is being tagged in the image we do not get any information about that.
    Can we add these features in next release.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tweets: Filter Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. live streaming

We build an app which can do simultaneously live streaming on all social media platform.

How can we get twitter live streaming on our app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. developer help

i applied for a developer account and lost the e-mail you sent me. I looked at it once and then it went to read. i tried to save it but failed. You know who i am and I can't proceed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tweet source label should link directly to 3rd-party app URL

Tweet source label on the bottom-right of tweets on Twitter should link to external URL for baked-in virality!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. emoji

Currently the Honduran government has decided to update the colors of the Honduran flag to what they originally where supposed to be per the constituion, so we would like that the emoji for the flag to be updated to it's original color (#00bce4)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Access to "has_nft_avatar" flag as part of User Object

Would be useful to determine if a user is using an NFT avatar or not via the User object, in the same way we can determine if a user is verified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Lookup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. API to verify if a specific NFT is currently being used as a Twitter profile picture.

I would like to write a smart contract or DApp that does something when a Twitter user is using a specific NFT as the profile picture. I imagine (and I hope) such API will revitalize the DApp ecosystem and Twitter can have a huge impact on the NFT market.

Ref.)
    https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-there-a-way-to-verify-if-a-specific-nft-profile-picture-is-currently-being-used-as-the-twitter-profile-pic/165531

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spaces api documentation is not accurate

In https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/spaces/search/api-reference/get-spaces-search, when looking at the “expansions” query parameter options, there is no “topics” option mentioned, but when I look at the “response fields” section on the same page, it says that I can get “topics.id”, “topics.name” if I add the “topics” option to the “expansions” query parameter. When I added this option to the request I got an error.
    After some investigation, it seems that the missing “expansions” query parameter option is “topicids”, so this should be changed in both of the places that I mentioned (should be added to the “expansions” query parameter options and should

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation & Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I still cannot get access to the full archive search

To whom this may concern,

I am having trouble with the full archive search with my academic research account. I'm getting the error message of:
    Forbidden: 403 Forbidden
    Forbidden: Authentication succeeded but account is not authorized to access this resource.

However, full archive search is one of the feature promised for academic users.

Could you help me solve this issue please?

Thank you and Regards,

Weihao Ge, Ph.D.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reference Tags

It would be helpful if you create what I call "reference tags" that point to the original tweet that was made. This tag would appear next to or below the statistical readings (Retweets, Quote tweets and likes) and/or "Replying to @a @b @c [tag]." In case of indentation issues, maybe it's safe to add a line underneath the display of a tweet to show the tag. It's up to you guys. Oftentimes, we get a tweet but don't know what users are replying to, so these tags will link to the original tweet that was made, even when a user…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base