Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter API

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make downloading the Twitter archive data available

Users were able to download their archives for years (https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/how-to-download-your-twitter-archive), but this feature was disabled after the Twitter security incident in July.

Users now get the messages: "The download your data feature is unavailable right now. Try again at a later date."

Please re-enable this feature again as it's extremely useful for many users to access their account history and clean up their accounts.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Okta Twitter
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

closed  ·  8 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Suspended & Restricted Fields like Withheld Field

User lookup returns fields like "protected", "withheld" and "verified" but there are no fields for suspended, restricted and deleted accounts.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Lookup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filtered Stream limits after Early Access

The current limit for filtered stream is very small compared to the v1.1 API and we have no idea on the paid option to have increased limits on rules, characters per rule and total tweets. Is hard to plan ahead some features with the current information.
    Can you provide the information on paid tiers of that endpoint? It's a big change to leave us without knowing is it even possible to pay for enough limit.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tweets: Filter Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dedicated Bot Accounts

Enable creation of dedicated "bot" accounts, solely for posting tweets or other automated activity. These would display with a 🤖 robot emoji by the name (instead of a blue checkmark) so they are easily distinguished from regular users.

Self-selecting into the "bot" category could come with a different, more restrictive set of permissions - no web login or posting (OAuth only), cannot Follow others, or whatever other limits Twitter wants to impose on them. On the flip side, bots could enjoy different categories of moderation, suspension, or flagging rules as they are no longer being confused with "human" posters. No…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add API to fetch all the favorites of a tweet

Just like the API to fetch all the retweets of a tweet.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. API endpoint for getting bookmarks

Get all bookmarked tweets by me

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  9 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search by minimum retweets and likes in API 2

Being able to search by minimum number of favourites and retweets as we could in API 1.1 would be great to see in Recent search API 2. This is particularly useful for a large volume of tweets, and being able to find the tweets with the most engagements.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tweets: Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. increase filtered stream rules limit or chars limit per rule

can you please increase the rules limit?
    currently in early access limit is 25
    i want to use from: userid/username from 5k , 10k twitter handles.
    each rule has char limit of 512, with such 25 rules/app and 512 chars/rule limits we will only be able to receive tweets from around 250~300 handles.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tweets: Filter Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the rate limit for the recent search endpoint

Please consider changing the current rate limit for the recent search endpoint (v2 API). Currently an app can only fetch a total of 500k tweets in a monthly window, no matter how many active Twitter users it has, or if the requests are per-user. If an app has over 500k active user then there's no way for the app to function correctly due to this limit.

In my case we're offering people to fetch hashtagged posts from Twitter for free, which is very popular for all kind of events, such as weddings and virtual conferences. We're not able to provide…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tweets: Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Authentication with Oauth 2.0

Will there be any ability to do 3rd party authentication with Oauth 2.0, or will it remain in Oauth 1.0a?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. API, token (key secret key) in code

I write API, token (key secret key) in code but it didn't give me results or information about data to assess, analysis and clean.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. URL count API

Twitter is a place where news is broken and shared at scale. Companies want to understand how often news is shared and engaged with on Twitter, but we do not have an API that truly serves this functionality. Every PR company (e.g. Cision, Meltwater) and every social listening company (Brandwatch, Talkwalker...) has asked for this functionality and has tried to find workarounds to solve it.

The API could function by submitting a URL field and returning share counts, and engagements.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back the ability to download my tweets!

I've been waiting patiently for this ability to come back so that I can download my archive before deleting some tweets. I can't un-protect my tweets until after I've done this, unless I want to lose 11 years of tweets!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documentation & Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Projects

Right now i can create only one project. Would be nice to have more projects possible per developer team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Media includes missing a number of important fields

The variants data is missing, making videos impossible to play inline.

The embeddable field is also missing, this is used to indicate that the photo media is actually a video that can only be played in a web browser.

extalttext is missing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. /2/tweets/:id should support a username query argument

Fetching individual or lists of users via ID is obviously always preferable, but there's cases when that's simply not possible.

The v1.1 API had option to pass in username/screen_names instead of IDs and it'd be great if v2 had the same option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Future of the Twitter API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alt Text Expansions

The ability to retrieve Alt text in v1.1 is an old feature that was completely overlooked.

It was overlooked again in Labs as not a priority: https://twitterdevfeedback.uservoice.com/forums/921790-twitter-developer-labs/suggestions/38653933-alt-text-via-api

The new v2 version of the API is STILL missing the ability to retrieve alt text from tweets.

I would expect to find alt text along with the media, in https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/expansions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Verification my Twitter

I want my Twitter account verified blue badge verification verification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bookmark feature to improve organization

Ability to categorize bookmarks and have a search bar included in that feature as well. This will permit users to access their favorite saved posts quicker and more efficiently. Organization is rooted in the most common reasons of dislike while utilizing social media applications, so with this tool you would be killing two birds with one stone. Simply by gaining attention from current and new users as well to compete with other applications while getting rid of this nuisance.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base