Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter API

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Un-retweet (or un-like) tweets that are more than a few years old always fail

Un-retweeting and un-liking tweets that are more than a few years old will always fail. This is a sad situation for users who want to delete their past actions from Twitter. Could you please fix this behavior? For technical details, see https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-a-function-to-fetch-a-list-of-likes-mutes-and-blocks-is-completely-removed-in-api-v2/154375/12

Japanese version:
    数年以上前のツイートに対する「RTの取り消し」と「いいねの取り消し」は必ず失敗します。ツイッターから過去の行動を削除したいユーザーはこのことに困っています。この振る舞いを修正してもらえませんか? 技術的な詳細はこちらをご覧ください。https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-a-function-to-fetch-a-list-of-likes-mutes-and-blocks-is-completely-removed-in-api-v2/154375/12

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the archive data to be downloaded from mobile devices

Users with mobile devices sometimes fail to download the archive data.

There are various reasons for this, such as not being able to press the download button after failing download the file once, or not being able to download a large file due to narrow bandwidth.

Please fix the problem so that the archive data can be downloaded properly even in these situations.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically include legally forced disclaimers

In some countries (like Russia), some individuals or mass-media can be declared "foreign agents". when it happens, they have to post with each tweet a disclaimer that takes up practically all allowed characters. Please, add a feature for the "foreign agents" or anyone to automatically attach a picture (that can be set up in profile) to all tweets, replies and retweets to help them to cope with legislative restrictions.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dedicated Bot Accounts

Enable creation of dedicated "bot" accounts, solely for posting tweets or other automated activity. These would display with a 🤖 robot emoji by the name (instead of a blue checkmark) so they are easily distinguished from regular users.

Self-selecting into the "bot" category could come with a different, more restrictive set of permissions - no web login or posting (OAuth only), cannot Follow others, or whatever other limits Twitter wants to impose on them. On the flip side, bots could enjoy different categories of moderation, suspension, or flagging rules as they are no longer being confused with "human" posters. No…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List Discovery API v2 Endpoints

As a developer of a command line client, I would like to provide a way for users to discover new lists based on a specified criteria, similar to the Discover New Lists in the web UI.

Being able to search against the name and description fields would beneficial, in addition to the same algorithm used in the web UI.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add_reaction & remove_reaction endpoints

A good idea is to add an add_reaction and remove_reaction endpoints in direct message! and of course we need an add_reaction & remove_reaction events too!
    - ❤️ TheGenocides ❤️

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Muted Words API v2 Endpoints

As a developer of a command line client, I would like to be able to allow a user to manage their Muted Words, so that they can list, update, create, and delete muted words for their account.

This would allow users to create and eventually share curated muted word lists.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. See more tweets divider

I scroll my feed. Then it goes for say 4hs ago to 14hrs ago. Then I scroll back up to fine “ see more tweets”

Can you make that divider line bold or a different color so that I don’t scroll past it as easily? I have a screen shot of how easy it is to scroll past.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change rate limit for blocks

There should be a higher rate limit per user for blocking and unblocking. Since this is the only way to remove followers, it would be nice to have a higher rate limit for this to remove a larger amount of followers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Identify withheld *media* as well as Tweet

Our product allows users to search for and aggregate content from Twitter to display on websites/apps in embeddable feeds. An issue we’ve been having recently are Tweets appearing in our dashboard search results, but where the media/video doesn’t play.

We are aware of Twitter Amplify and Twitter Media Studio - and how publishers can geo-restrict videos, which we understand to be the cause of this issue.

Currently we are forced to completely remove any/all Amplify-powered Tweets from our systems (removing any video where src contains “video.twimg.com/amplify_video” ) which means that we are also removing Tweets that are not withheld, but…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add API to fetch all the favorites of a tweet

Just like the API to fetch all the retweets of a tweet.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Encoding UTF-16 instead of UTF-8

Tweet text and user description are encoded in UTF-16 since I saw in the tweet texts this hex code appeared \ud83c\udf81 which is a surrogate pair that translates into a gift emoji 🎁 . In Hex UTF-16BE that wrapped present is encoded with: D8 3C DF 81, in UTF-8 this same emoji is encoded with F0 9F 8E 81. Surrogate pairs are only featured in UTF-16

Can you please confirm that you are using UTF-16 and note that somewhere in your docs, that will save future developers' nerves

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bookmarks That Don't Delete

I thought the idea of Bookmarks was to save a tweet you wanted to look at again. So, why do Bookmarks delete on their own. I've seen many, many people complaining about this issue. My idea is for you to figure out a way stop Bookmarks from deleting on their own. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add media and url data of ads cards to Twitter object

Add media and url data of ads cards to Twitter object (incl. from lookup EPs, PowerTrack and Account Activity API) to be able to identify content type and display preview.

OP https://twittercommunity.com/t/how-to-extract-the-picture/132852.

Overview of all Twitter Card Tags – https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/cards/overview/markup

With Twitter Cards, you can attach rich photos, videos and media experiences to Tweets, helping to drive traffic to your website. – https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/cards/overview/abouts-cards

Associate an ads card with the Tweet using the card_uri value from any ads card response. – https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/v1/tweets/post-and-engage/api-reference/post-statuses-update

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add promoted boolean field to Twitter object

Similarly to copyright, add promoted boolean filed to Twitter API (incl. lookup EPs, PowerTrack and Account Activity API) indicating if the Tweet is organic or paid (boosted/promoted and nullcasted/promoted-only).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. API endpoint for getting bookmarks

Get all bookmarked tweets by me

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Built a new Twitter Library for C++

Hello, Dear

I built a library to use Twitter API for C++ developer

Now, supported endpoints are these one

• statuses/update
    • statuses/destroy/:id
    • statuses/retweet/:id
    • statuses/user_timeline
    • favorites/create
    • favorites/destroy
    • media/upload(support: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, mp4)

you can show more info at GitHub (https://github.com/koron0902/CocoaTweet/tree/master)

I hope my library listed on "Tools and libraries" (https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/tools-and-libraries)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need for Twitter 'test accounts/users' for testing functionality

As an integration developer, I need the ability to test endpoint functionality, publishing/scheduling and media so that we can effectively test the development of features. Having a test Twitter user would be helpful for testing.

Facebook offers this feature with their developer platform: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/development/build-and-test/test-users/

Can Twitter create a similar feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign in screen

Just a small review from a UX Designer:

If I go to the home screen (desktop version) and click on the sign-up button I don't have the option to go back if I, for example, made a mistake and want to log in.
    The only way back is to refresh the page.
    Maybe adding an X at the top left part would be a good idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve NER Tagging on the State of Maine

I've been using state NER annotations (works great!) provided by the twitter API and I'm noticing that the state of Maine likely needs more training as I'm seeing it picked up much less often, even on 'easy' tagging situations where other states are picked up. There are some collisions between languages on Maine (and Montana) which cause issues, but even on lang:en tweets, Maine seems to be picked up much less than it should be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base