Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter API

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reporting non-spam content via API

There's not currently an endpoint to report abusive tweets, whether it's violent threats or inciting harassment.

It would be nice to have an endpoint similar to the spam endpoint (/1.1/users/report_spam.json) for report both abusive tweets and users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Preview for twitter links

This is to bring to your attention a certain UI behavior on Twitter. Currently, we do not see link preview on Twitter for links like this:
    https://twitter.com/applesupport
    https://twitter.com/twitter

In other words, Twitter doesn't show link previews for links in the twitter.com domain. The said webpages https://twitter.com/applesupport and https://twitter.com/twitter do not have twitter:card tags, as a result, the preview doesn't show up. It would be nice to have some insights into the reasoning behind the behavior. Also wanted to know if this behavior can be changed and some previews can be shown natively for such links.

Note: This behavior is not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Built a new Twitter Library for C++

Hello, Dear

I built a library to use Twitter API for C++ developer

Now, supported endpoints are these one

• statuses/update
    • statuses/destroy/:id
    • statuses/retweet/:id
    • statuses/user_timeline
    • favorites/create
    • favorites/destroy
    • media/upload(support: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, mp4)

you can show more info at GitHub (https://github.com/koron0902/CocoaTweet/tree/master)

I hope my library listed on "Tools and libraries" (https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/tools-and-libraries)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Version 2 Tweet objects lack a field for Public-Interest Exceptions

When displaying a tweet it is import to show if the it has a "public-interest exception". Tweet objects that are returned by Version 2 endpoints should have a field that specifies the exception if one is present. I work for a major US news organization, so that is the context for my request.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alt Text Expansions

The ability to retrieve Alt text in v1.1 is an old feature that was completely overlooked.

It was overlooked again in Labs as not a priority: https://twitterdevfeedback.uservoice.com/forums/921790-twitter-developer-labs/suggestions/38653933-alt-text-via-api

The new v2 version of the API is STILL missing the ability to retrieve alt text from tweets.

I would expect to find alt text along with the media, in https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/expansions

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. An efficient way to report child sex exploitations!!

This was the only avenue that I came across to even contact twitter bc of the lack of your general contact. So whether is belongs here or somewhere else, this is it.. I recently witnessed a tweet that was a painting of many children some exposed and touching a naked grown man's penis!!! But the ability to report it was not even listed on the immediate report/flag page. It took me way too incredibly long to find the child exploitering option and by that time, I could no longer find the tweeters acct name, I only know it started with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. billing information country doesn't include Korea, Republic of

I wanted to pay for PREMIUM Api. So I tried to put in my billing information, when writing down my billing address I was surprised to know that Korea, Republic of ( or South Korea) was not on the list.
    I cannot understand why this is the case, but it is frustrating that I cannot pay because my country is not on the list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Time limit burner accounts

People often make burner accounts to submit racial abuse to sports players or teams. As we’ve seen increasingly.
    In order to prevent this, is it possible to give people (the celebs/ sports stars in question) the controls (or an option) over their page/ inbox, so that no one with an account that is under 5 weeks old can tweet them or DM them?

I think if this was an option to select on your profile/ account page, it would stop people from submitting abuse in such a way

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. poll

Create poll with API without advertiser account

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Image ALT tags

Ability to add pre-selected or custom alt tags to images.

The image Alt Tag feature would enable users to control the images that appear on his/her timeline by muting the words used to describe certain images. For example, I could mute "Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dinner, Thanksgiving plate..." to prevent images tagged with these terms from appearing on my timeline.

This will also be a huge benefit for individuals with vision disabilities. Should pair well with screen readers.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Respect for the individual user

APIs from caused on data collection for research, classification and ad targeting is understandable. However, Twitter has failed the individual user. Methods being used for determining violations are severely inaccurate, fail to consider context, are not evenly applied (media page can post an article on something absurd with no violation, user can reference the topic of that article and it’s absurdity and receive a violation), do not recognize hate free, benign satire even though this is an exception to a violation in Twitter rules, provides no warning of a possible violation and even fails at following Twitter’s own system of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Talking Timer option in new Space App

It's a simple idea after using a similar app, I think a much-needed feature "Talking Timer" that the moderator can adjust while in the Space that limits the talking time per speaker so that no one forgets himself and make a long speech and the moderator sometimes will be shy to force one to stop so everyone has a turn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add polls to a status

It should be allowed to create polls when adding a status. I's possible to retrieve data from polls, but it's not possible to create polls with the API, it doesn't make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove maximum bookmark limit

I'm not sure why there's a limit on visible bookmarks to the end user... I feel like the cap should be removed, as there is no similar limit to the number of likes stored.

At the very least: bookmarks are being considered for the v2 API, so I believe the endpoint shouldn't have a cap on how many bookmarks it is able to return.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Return conversation_id in webhook tweet events

You would save my life if the property conversationid were returned in the tweet events of the webhook, (reply, retweet, retweet with comment and like), in this way you would have context and from external applications you could create unique ids foruserid + userid + conversation_id, In our application we need to create a unique identifier to have conversations with different users in the context of the tweet that started the conversation, I hope it becomes a reality, Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Datetime fields should accept all valid variations of ISO8601 timezone formats

The start_time and end_time parameters to the tweets API currently only accept datetimes in YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ssZ format, ie with the "Z" at the end. But ISO8601 has other types of valid format, and I think the Twitter API should accept them.

For example YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss+0000.
    See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Time_zone_designators for other valid formats.

PS your forum software interprets an underscore in a URL as a markdown italic indicator! smh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. URL count API

Twitter is a place where news is broken and shared at scale. Companies want to understand how often news is shared and engaged with on Twitter, but we do not have an API that truly serves this functionality. Every PR company (e.g. Cision, Meltwater) and every social listening company (Brandwatch, Talkwalker...) has asked for this functionality and has tried to find workarounds to solve it.

The API could function by submitting a URL field and returning share counts, and engagements.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. dns

I often resolve to the domain IP can not be used. My host-129.226.151.18 is in the Singapore,and the IP I resolved is 202.160.128.238.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base