Twitter Developer Feedback

Twitter API

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically include legally forced disclaimers

In some countries (like Russia), some individuals or mass-media can be declared "foreign agents". when it happens, they have to post with each tweet a disclaimer that takes up practically all allowed characters. Please, add a feature for the "foreign agents" or anyone to automatically attach a picture (that can be set up in profile) to all tweets, replies and retweets to help them to cope with legislative restrictions.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Encoding UTF-16 instead of UTF-8

Tweet text and user description are encoded in UTF-16 since I saw in the tweet texts this hex code appeared \ud83c\udf81 which is a surrogate pair that translates into a gift emoji 🎁 . In Hex UTF-16BE that wrapped present is encoded with: D8 3C DF 81, in UTF-8 this same emoji is encoded with F0 9F 8E 81. Surrogate pairs are only featured in UTF-16

Can you please confirm that you are using UTF-16 and note that somewhere in your docs, that will save future developers' nerves

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bookmarks That Don't Delete

I thought the idea of Bookmarks was to save a tweet you wanted to look at again. So, why do Bookmarks delete on their own. I've seen many, many people complaining about this issue. My idea is for you to figure out a way stop Bookmarks from deleting on their own. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Un-retweet (or un-like) tweets that are more than a few years old always fail

Un-retweeting and un-liking tweets that are more than a few years old will always fail. This is a sad situation for users who want to delete their past actions from Twitter. Could you please fix this behavior? For technical details, see https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-a-function-to-fetch-a-list-of-likes-mutes-and-blocks-is-completely-removed-in-api-v2/154375/12

Japanese version:
    数年以上前のツイートに対する「RTの取り消し」と「いいねの取り消し」は必ず失敗します。ツイッターから過去の行動を削除したいユーザーはこのことに困っています。この振る舞いを修正してもらえませんか? 技術的な詳細はこちらをご覧ください。https://twittercommunity.com/t/is-a-function-to-fetch-a-list-of-likes-mutes-and-blocks-is-completely-removed-in-api-v2/154375/12

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change rate limit for blocks

There should be a higher rate limit per user for blocking and unblocking. Since this is the only way to remove followers, it would be nice to have a higher rate limit for this to remove a larger amount of followers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. List Discovery API v2 Endpoints

As a developer of a command line client, I would like to provide a way for users to discover new lists based on a specified criteria, similar to the Discover New Lists in the web UI.

Being able to search against the name and description fields would beneficial, in addition to the same algorithm used in the web UI.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Muted Words API v2 Endpoints

As a developer of a command line client, I would like to be able to allow a user to manage their Muted Words, so that they can list, update, create, and delete muted words for their account.

This would allow users to create and eventually share curated muted word lists.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need for Twitter 'test accounts/users' for testing functionality

As an integration developer, I need the ability to test endpoint functionality, publishing/scheduling and media so that we can effectively test the development of features. Having a test Twitter user would be helpful for testing.

Facebook offers this feature with their developer platform: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/development/build-and-test/test-users/

Can Twitter create a similar feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sign in screen

Just a small review from a UX Designer:

If I go to the home screen (desktop version) and click on the sign-up button I don't have the option to go back if I, for example, made a mistake and want to log in.
    The only way back is to refresh the page.
    Maybe adding an X at the top left part would be a good idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve NER Tagging on the State of Maine

I've been using state NER annotations (works great!) provided by the twitter API and I'm noticing that the state of Maine likely needs more training as I'm seeing it picked up much less often, even on 'easy' tagging situations where other states are picked up. There are some collisions between languages on Maine (and Montana) which cause issues, but even on lang:en tweets, Maine seems to be picked up much less than it should be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow web twitter themes to be used for embedded tweets

I really appreciate that the meta tags theme (& do not track!) property exist for embedded tweets already — that said, theming would would be even better if you could similarly either:

1. chose from the existing on-site theme options for further embedded tweet theming! e.g. 💙⭐️🌸🐙🔥🥑, those currently available on the web to "Customize your view"

2. or less ideally, define an custom accent color for links/@-names in tweets for the whole page (similar to how the embedded timeline border color can be customized with a hex color value)

Really, I'd just like for my embedded tweets to not have the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Application process less automated

I am trying to apply for a developer account. In the first stage, I answered all the questions, of course considering the minimum requirements where it was applicable. The system would not let me proceed with the application when the required fields were not properly filled out. Sometime later I received an email, in which some of the questions from the initial application were repeated. I answered all of them again but one day later another email:
    "The information we need is listed below:

Your current role as an academic (whether you are a graduate student, doctoral
    candidate, post-doc, professor,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Group Direct Message support

I would like to see Group Direct Message support added to the Twitter v2 API following the parameters found on this page: https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/direct-messages

• You can start a private conversation or create a group conversation with anyone who follows you.
    • Anyone in a conversation can send Direct Messages to the group. Everyone in a group can see all messages, even if everyone doesn’t follow each other.
    • In group conversations, anyone in the conversation can add other participants. Newly added participants won’t see the prior history of the conversation.
    • Some accounts, particularly businesses on Twitter, have enabled a setting to receive Direct…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An efficient way to report child sex exploitations!!

This was the only avenue that I came across to even contact twitter bc of the lack of your general contact. So whether is belongs here or somewhere else, this is it.. I recently witnessed a tweet that was a painting of many children some exposed and touching a naked grown man's penis!!! But the ability to report it was not even listed on the immediate report/flag page. It took me way too incredibly long to find the child exploitering option and by that time, I could no longer find the tweeters acct name, I only know it started with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link Preview for twitter links

This is to bring to your attention a certain UI behavior on Twitter. Currently, we do not see link preview on Twitter for links like this:
    https://twitter.com/applesupport
    https://twitter.com/twitter

In other words, Twitter doesn't show link previews for links in the twitter.com domain. The said webpages https://twitter.com/applesupport and https://twitter.com/twitter do not have twitter:card tags, as a result, the preview doesn't show up. It would be nice to have some insights into the reasoning behind the behavior. Also wanted to know if this behavior can be changed and some previews can be shown natively for such links.

Note: This behavior is not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Built a new Twitter Library for C++

Hello, Dear

I built a library to use Twitter API for C++ developer

Now, supported endpoints are these one

• statuses/update
    • statuses/destroy/:id
    • statuses/retweet/:id
    • statuses/user_timeline
    • favorites/create
    • favorites/destroy
    • media/upload(support: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, mp4)

you can show more info at GitHub (https://github.com/koron0902/CocoaTweet/tree/master)

I hope my library listed on "Tools and libraries" (https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/tools-and-libraries)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Talking Timer option in new Space App

It's a simple idea after using a similar app, I think a much-needed feature "Talking Timer" that the moderator can adjust while in the Space that limits the talking time per speaker so that no one forgets himself and make a long speech and the moderator sometimes will be shy to force one to stop so everyone has a turn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add polls to a status

It should be allowed to create polls when adding a status. I's possible to retrieve data from polls, but it's not possible to create polls with the API, it doesn't make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add media and url data of ads cards to Twitter object

Add media and url data of ads cards to Twitter object (incl. from lookup EPs, PowerTrack and Account Activity API) to be able to identify content type and display preview.

OP https://twittercommunity.com/t/how-to-extract-the-picture/132852.

Overview of all Twitter Card Tags – https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/cards/overview/markup

With Twitter Cards, you can attach rich photos, videos and media experiences to Tweets, helping to drive traffic to your website. – https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/cards/overview/abouts-cards

Associate an ads card with the Tweet using the card_uri value from any ads card response. – https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/v1/tweets/post-and-engage/api-reference/post-statuses-update

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Return conversation_id in webhook tweet events

You would save my life if the property conversationid were returned in the tweet events of the webhook, (reply, retweet, retweet with comment and like), in this way you would have context and from external applications you could create unique ids foruserid + userid + conversation_id, In our application we need to create a unique identifier to have conversations with different users in the context of the tweet that started the conversation, I hope it becomes a reality, Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base