More granular permissions
I'm currently looking to make something that only needs access to updating one thing in the profile settings (a user image) yet to do this, the permissions request the end user sees is:
This application will be able to:
- See Tweets from your timeline (including protected Tweets) as well as your Lists and collections.
- See your Twitter profile information and account settings.
- See accounts you follow, mute, and block.
- Follow and unfollow accounts for you.
- Update your profile and account settings.
- Post and delete Tweets for you, and engage with Tweets posted by others (Like, un-Like, or reply to a Tweet, Retweet, etc.) for you.
- Create, manage, and delete Lists and collections for you.
- Mute, block, and report accounts for you.
But all I want is the "Update your profile and account settings." permission, I do not need or want anything else. I feel allowing such granularity would greatly enhance security (apps only asking for what they need), engender more trust, and increase the conversion rate for people signing up to apps developed for the Twitter platform.
Igor Brigadir commented
I strongly agree, i suggested this before in the forums and it was also posted in Labs suggestions and acknowledged, but there was no update beyond that https://twitterdevfeedback.uservoice.com/forums/921790-twitter-developer-labs/suggestions/37637938-twitter-should-provide-more-granular-app-permissio